By SCARLET O’ROURKE
The demobilization of the TxDOT renovations to the Queen Isabella Memorial Causeway is guaranteed to the community for the next two weekends, and negotiations are underway to keep the causeway clear for the remainder of the summer weekends, said Mario Jorge of TxDOT.
As previously reported in the PRESS, the back-up allegedly caused by the renovation work beneath the bridge and consequential blockade of the east-bound lane has caused uproar in the communities surrounding the Bay.
Port Isabel Mayor Joe Vega said he had been in constant contact with TxDOT representatives in efforts to alleviate the congested traffic.
For more on this story, pick up a copy of the June 23 edition of the Port Isabel South Padre Press or check out our E-edition by clicking here.