BREAKING: Coast Guard suspends search for missing person

By DINA ARÉVALO
Port Isabel-South Padre Press
editor@portisabelsouthpadre.com

The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended a search for a missing person after receiving a report Sunday evening.

Details are limited, but speaking from the Public Affairs Office in Corpus Christi, a spokesperson said the search took place overnight Sunday before being suspended. “There’s nobody out there,” he said, deferring other questions to when more information becomes available.

Law enforcement officials from the City of South Padre Island have not received a missing persons report, said SPI Public Information Officer Adrian Rodriguez. He added that a search had been conducted by the Coast Guard and Customs and Border Protection just off of Isla Blanca Park on the south side of the Island.

Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Port Isabel-South Padre Press, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.portisabelsouthpadre.com/2015/06/08/breaking-coast-guard-suspends-search-for-missing-person/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.