South Padre Island residents were shocked to find a neighbor’s home ablaze just past 3 p.m. Saturday. That’s when authorities were notified that a home on 5903 Tropical Drive was on fire. A preliminary investigation showed that the cause may have stemmed from the home’s chimney, which was recently used by the homeowners during cold nights. The west side of the home, where the chimney was located, was devastated in the blaze. The fire also took the life of the family pet. One neighbor said that in his 30 years living in this area of the Island, this is the most devastating residential fire he’s seen. The home is believed to be owned by local real estate business owner Mickey Furcron. (Staff photos by Amanda Armstrong, Joe R. Bowling, Jr., and Ray Quiroga)
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://sbnewspaper.com/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.