Blotter for 9-17-2015

Special to the PRESS

“Low Battery”

On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at approximately 6:16 a.m., the officer was dispatched to  Houston in reference to a fire call.  Upon his arrival the officer was met by a man who stated that all his smoke detectors were going off and he didn’t have a fire in his residence.  After checking all the smoke detectors, one was found blinking red and green.  After removing the battery all of the other ones stopped.  Checking the battery it was found that it was very low.  The man stated that they were going to replace it later on.  All information was taken down for the report and the officer resumed his patrol.


“Hit N’ Run”

On Wednesday August 5, 2015 at approximately 8:44 P.M., dispatch gave a lookout of a suspect vehicle involved in a hit and run that had occurred at South Padre Island. Dispatch advised it was a small black vehicle that was being followed by the victim in a gold S.U.V. While at the turnaround of Yturria St. and Queen Isabella Blvd. the officer observed the two vehicles. The officer proceeded to conduct a traffic stop on the suspect vehicle. Shortly after, South Padre Island Police Department arrived and took over the investigation. The officer gathered the information for the report and resumed patrol.

On Thursday August 6, 2015 at approximately 8:55 A.M., the officer was dispatched to a call at Adams in reference to an alarm. Upon his arrival the officer made contact with the owner of the residence and he advised the officer that everything was o.k. The owner also advised the officer that the reason the alarm went off was due to AEP working on the power lines behind his residence. Everything was o.k. and the officer went back in service. The officer resumed his patrol duties at this time.


“Just 5 More Minutes”

On Thursday August 6, 2015 at approximately 10:06 A.M., the officer was dispatched to a call at 604 TX Hwy 100 in reference to a civil matter. Upon the officer’s arrival he made contact with a man who stated he was talking on the phone with his ex-girlfriend about picking up their son. The man stated that his ex sounded drunk and had advised her not to pick him up and just to stay home. The officer then made contact with the mother and she advised the officer that she had just woken up and needed more rest for work at 4pm. The mother advised the officer that she would pick up her son at 12am when she got out of work. The father complied and no further action taken. The officer resumed his patrol duties at this time.

Want the whole story? Pick up a copy of the Port Isabel-South Padre Press, or subscribe to our E-Edition by clicking here.

Permanent link to this article:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.